Ports-to-Plains Micro-site Community
What is a Micro-site?
A micro-site is a website (online property) concentrated on a very specific product or service.
They can range in size from a single landing page to several linked pages, to an interactive flash
experience based around that particular product or service; helping to bring focus and relevancy to
a specific product or service.
The micro-site could be anything:
Micro-sites are supplemental web sites focusing on a niche market specific to a destination or
organization or focus on your overall online presence. The purpose of a micro-site is to reach a
specific set of visitors.
When might you need a micro-site?
- Introduction or extension of your organization
- Themed pages linked from your main site
- A stand-alone site with a small to large amount of content
- A contest site
- A special promotion or product launch site
- A viral marketing campaign site
Niche Market Using Micro-Sites
- When launching or re-launching a website, including Viral Marketing Campaign
- When launching a contest or promoting an upcoming event
- When promoting a short-lived product or solution
- When providing very specific information
- When starting a new service or product
- When launching a new product, product line or testing environment
- When testing a new focus or branding strategy
- SEO (search engine optimization): To Leverage a keyword rich Domain / URL
- SEO (search engine optimization): To Help Build External Links to a Main Site; improve ranking
- Micro-sites provide complete information on a niche market that is unique to your organization or
destination. Your main web site often provides a general overview of all features, products, services
and amenities, while a micro-site offers detailed information on one aspect or component of your
organization to better provide target audiences (visitors) with desired information.
- Micro-sites increase exposure and awareness of the organization. Not only can visitors find complete
information about the organization from your main web site, they can also find very targeted and specific
information from your micro-sites. Micro-sites give you an additional way to get in front of your target
audiences and increase awareness of your organization.
- Micro-sites enable you to enhance your targeted audience experiences, by providing complete topical
information on an area of interest within your organization.
- "50% of visitors to any website will only look at the home page, then leave"
- The ability to use any available technology to communicate your message
- Visitors can be engaged with greater interaction
- The audience can be targeted with greater precision
- Several micro-sites can be used to test the viability of different approaches
- Micro-sites help collect visitor data
- Opt-in data about visitors can be used for future campaigns
What are the benefits?
Address the overcrowding issue
- Increase your current brand and exposure
- A micro-site gives you the opportunity to break away from your brand, which may or may not be
restricting the growth of one of your products or services.
Alternative to offering your online visitors too many choices and no obvious path through your
site from the initial landing for a “call to action”.
Delve into the details
Traditional websites that offer so many different products and services on a single site - it may
not be possible to go into too much detail on each one. A micro-site offers the freedom to go into
more details, like specifications, history, press coverage, etc.
Communicate with your target audience
Micro-sites help to communicate a clear message to a focused set of visitors: Your audiences are
more likely to respond if the website seems relevant to them in terms of graphic design and tone.
Define you as a specialist
Micro-sites will help to establish you as an expert, which people (visitors) will remember. Micro-sites
can be used to address your “Jack of all, master of none” perception.
Website visitors will be presented with exactly what they want without having to look for it. The whole
site can be geared towards a single call to action.
Leverage direct mail campaigns
Micro-sites can be created for mail campaigns as a landing point, specifically designed for the offer
and reflecting the branding, design and tone of the printed piece to aid the transition from one media
type to another.
Micro-sites can be used for new product/service launches. It gives your product an identity of its own
and sets it apart from everything you have done in the past.
Examples of Ports-to-Plains Micro-sites: (Click here)
For pricing and additional information please contact Duffy Hinkle @ email@example.com
or (806) 775-3373