2011 - 2nd Annual PTP Energy Summit!
Ports-to-Plains Energy Summit
Omni Interlocken Resort
April 7, 2011
The Role of Transportation in the Energy Industry
Transportation means more to energy than just providing the fuel to fill up your car. Whether it is moving equipment or product,
the industry relies upon a solid transportation infrastructure, as well as the permitting and regulations to move over the highways,
learn what factors go into powering North America.
Wind Energy Issues throughout North America’s Wind Corridor -- Ports-to-Plains Energy Summit
- New Approaches for State and Regional Permitting
- Carol Davis, Director of Motor Carrier Division, Texas Department of Transportation
- Energy Development and the Transportation System
- Michelle Scheuerman, Planning Section Manager, Colorado DOT
- Robert W. Felsburg, PE, Principal, Felsburg, Holt and Ullevig
The Ports-to-Plains Corridor runs through the middle of North America’s wind corridor. Learn about the
issues affecting this growing industry throughout the region.
The Impact of Biofuels on the Region -- Ports-to-Plains Energy Summit
- Opportunities in the Wind Industry Supply Chain
- Tom Maves, Deputy Director, Manufacturing and Supply Chain, American Wind Energy Association
- Wind Policy and Developments in Canada
- Erin Bradley, Development Manager, Wind Power Shell Canada
The Ports-to-Plains Corridor has a diversified energy portfolio, and biofuels are a growing industry throughout the region.
Learn about innovative developments in the industry in the corridor.
Energizing America: Facts for Addressing Energy Policy
- San Angelo’s Use of Renewable Resources
- Martha Senf, Building Technologies, Alternative Energy Group, Siemens Industry, Inc.
- Bio-fuels and Colorado Farm Bureau
- Troy Bradenkamp, Executive Vice President, Colorado Farm Bureau
North America’s Friendly Supplier of Oil
- Lunch Keynote
- John Felmy, Chief Economist, American Petroleum Institute
Alberta, the northern anchor of the Ports-to-Plains Corridor, is the number one supplier of foreign oil to
the United States, and the oil sands are a key part of that resource. Learn about the issues affecting this
resource that powers North America and our region’s economy.
Pipelines – Getting the Resource to the Pump
- In-situ Development of Oil Sands
- Dan Ouimet, Director, Government Relations ConocoPhillips Canada
- Suncor and Its Oil Sands Operations
- John Gallagher, Vice President, Suncor Energy, U.S. Refining, Commerce City Refinery
Alberta has the world’s second largest oil reserves, but new pipelines are needed to move
this resource to markets in the U.S. Find out about proposed pipeline projects in the region and what they mean for job creation.
What is Hydraulic Fracturing and What Does it Mean to You?
- Keystone XL
- Beth Jensen, Director of Government Relations for TransCanada Corporation
- Liquids Pipelines Infrastructure in North America Opportunities and Challenges
- Brad Shamla, Vice President, Market Development, Enbridge Pipelines Inc.
Hydraulic fracturing has been in the news lately. Learn exactly what the process is and how it is impacting economic
growth and energy security.
Energy Based Economic Development in the PTP Region
- Hydraulic Fracturing: Regulations and Wyoming Rulemaking
- Tom Doll, State Oil and Gas Supervisor at Wyoming Oil and Gas Conservation Commission
- Hydraulic Fracturing: Infrastructure and Transportation
- Charles Steffan, COO for Missouri Basin Well Service
- Hydraulic Fracturing and Water
- John A. Harju, Associate Director for Research, Energy and Environmental Research Center, University of North Dakota
- Hydraulic Fracturing: Importance to the Industry
- Steve Baumgartner, Senior Technical Consultant, Marathon Oil Company
The energy industry is a major engine for the economy of the Ports-to-Plains Corridor. Hear how economic developers
throughout the region are attracting energy jobs to their communities.
Energy Issues in the New Congress
- Dumas, Texas; An Energy Hub
- Mike Running, Executive Director, Dumas Economic Development Corporation
- Community of Lamar, CO
- Lisa Nolder, Executive Director, Prowers County Development Inc.
- Regional Energy Clusters
- Doug Cameron, Senior Director, Trade and Investment, U.S. at Alberta International and Intergovernmental Relations
Activities in Washington will have a major impact on the energy industry and therefore the economy of the
Ports-to-Plains Corridor. Find out what Congress will be debating and how it affects jobs in your community.
- Federal Energy Policy: Legislation and Regulation Outlook
- Michael Whatley, Executive Vice President, Consumer Energy Alliance
- Energy Issues in the New Congress
- Frank Hoffman, President, Wind Energy Manufacturing Association