Who We Are (Print Version)
Hundreds of elected and government officials, business leaders, communities and citizens nine states, acting together to bring the benefits of trade home to North America’s energy and agricultural heartland.
- A powerful and effective U.S. Congressional Caucus; together, we have secured over $900 million to develop, build and improve the Ports-to-Plains Corridor, and lobby effectively with coalition partners to mobilize policy resources throughout the U.S. Southwest, Midwest and Rockies.
- 6 major cross-border ports to Canada & Mexico, including NAFTA’s #2 and #15 busiest crossings (Laredo-Nuevo Laredo & Sweetgrass-Coutts).
- Through partners, we include three Congressionally-designated, north-south High Priority Corridors, comprising 2333 miles of highway, 14% of total U.S. GDP ($1.7 trillion), and 38.5 million citizens.
- 7 of the top 10 U.S. states for installed and potential wind energy, generating over 5185MW, nearly 45% of the U.S. total.
- North America’s agricultural heartland, producing $44.3 billion of agricultural goods, or 22.1% of the U.S. total; 6 of the top 10 farm states.
- A major U.S. trading region generating $166.7 billion in trade with Canada and Mexico, nearly 20% of total U.S.-NAFTA trade.
- Nearly 25% of U.S. ethanol refining capacity, with 33 existing refineries and more underway.